Monday, May 11, 2009

The Adventures of Arkadii Popov – Part Two

Arkadii Petrovich Popov, who has been commissioned to write a series of articles for the magazine “Soviet Tourist”, has been met at the Finland Station by Svetlana Denisova. They have just found a taxi.

Svetlana: Comrade, Hotel Ural Please.
Taxi-Driver: Hotel Ural? OK. And this is your baggage?
Arkadii: Yes, these are my bags.
Svetlana: This is my bag
Taxi-Driver: Bag? OK. And is this your magazine?
Arkadii: What?
Taxi-Driver: Magazine “Soviet Tourist” – is it yours?
Arkadii: Yes, mine. And, do you read “Soviet Tourist”?
Taxi-Driver: Yes, I read “Soviet Tourist”.
Arkadii: Great.
Svetlana: Comrade, Hotel Ural Please!

Outside the Hotel Ural
Taxi-Driver: This is your hotel.
Svetlana: Good, Thank you.
Taxi-Driver: Comrade, here are your bags.
Arkadii: Thank you. And where is my magazine?
Taxi-Driver: Here it is.
Svetlana: And you do not know where my bag is?
Taxi-Driver: Your bag? No, I do not know.
Arkadii: Here it is.
Svetlana: Thank you.

In the entrance hall of the Hotel Ural
Arkadii: I am Popov, Arkadii Petrovich. Do you have a room?
Receptionist: Right Away...... Popov, Arkadii Petrovich. Yes, there is. Do you have your passport?
Arkadii: Yes, I have it. Here it is.
Receptionist: Thank you. Your room number is 101. Here is your key.
Arkadii: 101. Thank you.
Receptionist: What is this? Is this your bag?
Svetlana: No, No! My bag.
Receptionist: Excuse me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment