Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Travels of Arkadii Popov

This is the first translation from my Russian Course, it’s just thrilling!

At Finland Station, Leningrad
Svetlana Denisova
: Excuse me, are you Arkadii Popov?
1st Passenger: Arkadii Popov? No, I’m Sergei Borisov
Svetlana Denisova: Sorry, Thank you........ Excuse me, are you Arkadii Popov?
2nd Passenger: No, I’m Petrov, Viktor Petrov
Svetlana Denisova: Sorry, Thank you

Svetlana Denisova: Excuse me, are you not Arkadii Popov?
3rd Passenger: Popov? No, I’m not Popov
Svetlana Denisova: Not Popov?
3rd Passenger: No, not Popov!
Svetlana Denisova: Sorry, Thank you. Where is Arkadii Popov? Where, where is Arkadii Popov?

Inside the carriage of a long-distance train
Arkadii Popov: Excuse me please, is this Leningrad?
Attendant: Yes, this is Leningrad
Arkadii Popov: Thank you, and where are my bags?
Attendant: Your bags? Arkadii Petrovitch Popov – is this you?
Arkadii Popov: Yes, that’s me
Attendant: Here are your bags
Arkadii Popov: Thank you
Attendant: You are welcome
Arkadii Popov: And where is my magazine?
Attendant: “Soviet Tourist”? Is this your magazine?
Arkadii Popov: Yes thank you, it is my magazine. And my passport? Where is my passport?
Attendant: Your passport?
Arkadii Popov: Yes. And here is my passport!

Entrance hall of Finland Station, Leningrad
Svetlana Denisova
: Excuse me, are you Arkadii Popov?
Arkadii Popov: Yes I am Popov
Svetlana Denisova: Excuse me.......Yes? Is it you?
Arkadii Popov: Yes, It is me.
Svetlana Denisova: How do you do? I am Svetlana Denisova
Arkadii Popov: Denisova, Denisova........ The journalist Denisova? From the magazine “Soviet Tourist”?
Svetlana Denisova: Yes, it is me
Arkadii Popov: How do you do?
Svetlana Denisova: But where are your bags?
Arkadii Popov: Yes, where are my bags?
Svetlana Denisova: Are these your bags?
Arkadii Popov: Yes, these are my bags. Thank you
Svetlana Denisova: You’re welcome

I can't wait for the next lesson !


No comments:

Post a Comment