Saturday, April 25, 2009

Busy busy busy

It's been a bit of a hectic week, even though it was shortened by the bank holiday weekend. I've been exhausted, so much to do!
So, I had a massive lie-in today, and didn't get up till nearly midday.
I went back to the tax office to get my paperwork, which went really well, minimal queues and the paperwork was all correct and ready for me. Nearly done all the immigration type documents now!
What else....
I have planned my enclosure modifications for the lovely elephant, so hopefully I'll get going on that soon. Lots of big meetings to discuss zoo policy and plans for the summer season. All very positive.
We had our first meeting of the "Enrichment Group", which I think went well. Steve ran it as a workshop, with brain-storming sessions. Everyone got really involved, with suggestions and taking on responsibilities for the enrichment programme. We are starting with the Carnivores as they are a very organised department and very keen to get this going. It is so tiring having meetings in foreign languages, where you only understand one in 20 words!
I am slowly working through a Russian course, made by the BBC in about 1950, its difficult, but I think I have the letters all figured out now, just need to work on my vocabulary and pronunciations.

No comments:

Post a Comment